Monday, March 14, 2011

Sometimes Hands Are Sad

Two Broken Hands / poorly focused photograph

More hands around my house: A broken small ceramic hand and a broken porcelain glove mold.

Yes - I accidentally broke each of these hands. I have broken a few others as well, but I threw the others away after the damage occurred. The hands pictured above... I saved, but I am not sure why.

Sad broken hands against a background of sad blue puffy clouds. I photographed the broken hands against a hand painted screen to emphasize the sadness that they epitomize.

The saddest part: I misplaced the broken finger from the glove mold on the right because I thought it could be repaired. I put it in a special place so as not to lose it... and now I can not find it. (Or perhaps the saddest part is that I don't throw broken stuff away.)

Enough sadness for a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment